- Utilize box fans, ceiling fans and open windows for air circulation during the evenings; during the day keep windows closed, binds shut and curtain closed.
- Soaking your feet in a bucketful of cool water can lower your body temperature. The same goes with a wet bandanna or towel placed on your head or shoulder. You can spray yourself with water using a spray bottle. If that does not satisfy you, hit the shower for a quick bath.
- Stay hydrated!
- Hot air rises so hangout downstairs.
- Indoor hammock (mesh) instead of laying in bed.
- On the go, stop by air-conditioned public buildings…like the library.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine.
- Limit your protein intake.
- Don’t forget about your pets.
- Know the symptoms and preventing measures of heat cramps, heat exhaustion, and heat stroke.
Enjoy the rest of your summer. Keep cool and Be safe!